This year marks the 10thyear since Hurricane Katrina devastated the Southern coast.
Fluker’s remembers that time with great reverence. Make sure you always have a plan for evacuation
in a time such as that of 10 years ago, and make sure that your reptiles are prepared, too. Here are a
couple of things to keep in mind when preparing for an evacuation situation.
- Only Service Animals are allowed in Red Cross disaster shelters.
- Make a list of pet friendly hotels that you can stay at.
- See if your friends or relatives can house your animals in an emergency.
- Make a list of veterinarians or boarding shelters for emergencies.
- Assemble a “Bug-Out Bag” for when emergencies happen! Make sure you get all the necessary supplies for your reptile, which may include the following:
- Any medications your reptile may take.
- Food and Water with bowls.
- Pertinent info on your reptile in case you need to board them.
Always make sure you have a plan for when disaster strikes you and your loved ones, including your cold-blooded companions!